CHARITIES AND BUSINESS
The NIHR Brain Injury MIC is clinically-driven by the thirteen themes that span the brain injury patient pathway.
Themes & Theme Leads
- Prevention and Pre-Hospital – Professor Mark Wilson
- Neurocritical Care – Professor David Menon
- Multi-Modality Monitoring – Professor Peter Hutchinson
- Functional Neuroimaging and Neurophysiology – Professor Franklin Aigbirhio
- Neuro-oncology – Mr Stephen Price
- Regenerative Neuroscience – Dr Mark Kotter
- Paediatrics and Neuro-development – Professor David Rowitch & Professor Topun Austin
- Neurorehabilitation – Professor Valerie M Pomeroy
- Cognition and Mental Health – Professor Barbara J Sahakian
- Neuropsychological Rehabilitation – Dr Andrew Bateman
- Intracranial Pressure and Shunt Technology – Professor Marek Czosnyka & Dr Peter Smielewski
- Patient and Public Involvement – Professor Christi Deaton
- MedTech Regulation and Evaluation – Dr Peter Jarritt
- Clinical Informatics and Registries – Dr Alexis Joannides
- Internationalisation and Health Economics – Prof John Pickard
Tell us about your project!
The NIHR Brain Injury MedTech Co-operative (MIC) works with patients, carers, NHS, charities, academia, inventors, SMEs and business angels to support the development of new medical devices and healthcare technologies improving the effectiveness and quality of healthcare services in the brain injury care pathway. We aim to Find, Facilitate and Foster ideas for early stage evaluation to meet the needs of those who have been affected by brain injury.