The Eastern Academic Health Science Network is holding a series of events aimed at healthcare companies and innovators who need advice and support to sell their transformative healthcare products to the NHS. The free events take place across the eastern region and are supported by the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI), Local Enterprise Partnerships, research and NHS finance and procurements experts.
The focus on a range of issues including:
- how to navigate access to the NHS
- the availability of funding opportunities
- understanding NHS commissioning and procurement
- develop compelling business propositions and effective budget impact models for your products
“How to Commercialise Your Health Technology in the NHS” – Monday 15th July 2019
British Antarctic Survey, High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0ET.
Hosted in partnership with Health Enterprise East, the event will aims to help early stage innovators and SMEs meet the challenges of getting a product or service adopted into the NHS. Leading commercial and clinical experts, including a Financial Assurance Manager at NHS England and Chief Clinical Information Officer at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust will be attending.
Presentations will cover:
- How the NHS is structured and who best to approach
- How the NHS and innovators can best work together to transform services and improve patient outcomes
- Advice on how to develop your idea into a successful NHS business case, and the importance of your products’s budget impact and value proposition.
“How the NHS evaluates and purchases digital solutions” – Monday 30th September 2019
Kingsgate Centre, Peterborough
Working with the NHS on your digital solution or with patient data can be a challenge for companies working in healthcare technologies. This event will help you understand the landscape in ensuring your solution is integrated into Trust systems and national initiatives such as GP systems, procurement frameworks and the NHS Apps Library.
Learn from speakers from NHS England, NHS Digital and Trusts:
- How the NHS best works with suppliers providing digital health, whether apps, data, platforms or medtech
- What the NHS looks for before adopting a new technology
- How to work with NHS procurement, IT and develop a winning business case for the NHS
Speakers will include Jasbinder Saddhu of NHS England’s regional data team and Marcus Hinde of the NHS Digital Apps library, as well as experts from the AHSN, Trusts and the Local Enterprise Partnership. Please check out upcoming details on the EAHSN website.
“Funding & investment from start-up to scale-up” – Tuesday 29th October 2019
Babraham Campus, Cambridge
Funding is essential for healthtech companies to develop, successfully validate and commercialise a product in the NHS.
Learn from AHSN and investments experts from Cambridge and London on:
- How to leverage grant based funding from Innovate UK, NIHR and other sources
- Accessing Angel funding, the benefits of crowdfunding and what later stage investors are looking for in a company to fund
- How to access business support available from Eastern AHSN and partners for healthtech companies
Speakers will include experts from the NHS, AHSN, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), Local Enterprise Partnerships and private investment. Lead speaker will be Pam Garside, Fellow of the Judge Business School University of Cambridge, Member of Cambridge Angels and Investment Committee of Cambridge Enterprise and Advisor to Smith Square Partners. She will be advising on how to access early stage funding and what investors are looking for in early stage companies. Please check out upcoming details on the EAHSN website.
If you wish to get updated on these events, follow the twitter handle @TheEAHSN or alternatively keep a lookout for the event using the hashtag #NHSReadiness.