Are you a PhD, postdoc, early career academic or research-related member of staff at the School of Technology, the School of Physical Sciences, the School of Biological Sciences; or the School of Clinical Medicine? Would you like the opportunity to develop skills in entrepreneurship while exploring the commercial potential of real, early-stage innovations?
Apply now to secure an underwritten place for this extra-curricular researcher development programme. EnterpriseTECH will allow you to explore your interests in entrepreneurship at the research/start-up interface and build your business networks. The programme includes an immersive 30-hour lecture series followed by a team project that explores the commercialisation potential of an early-stage technology.
- Gain an understanding of practical steps involved in taking a real innovation from lab to reality.
- Fit study alongside your research commitments.
- Build your teamwork and communications skills.
- Produce a commercial feasibility study.
- Get support, knowledge and expertise from business supervisors and faculty.
- Gain experience of pitching to an audience as part of a team.
- Develop your personal networks beyond your department.
- Wednesday 4 December – Launch Night from 15:00
- Thursday 5 December to Saturday 7 December – Lecture intensive
- Wednesday 4 March – Pitch Night from 18:00
Please submit your application by the extended deadline of 23:59 on Friday 25 October 2019